We are ASPNet. We are UNESCO.
In order to translate UNESCO’s ideals into concrete action, UNESCO launched the Associated Schools Project Network (ASPnet) in 1953. ASPnet is a network of committed schools
– engaged in fostering and delivering quality education
– in pursuit of peace, liberty, justice and human development
– in order to meet the pressing educational needs of children and young people throughout the world.
ASPnet schools are ‘navigators for peace’ and agents for positive change :
– They are instrumental to achieving Education for All as expressed in the six Dakar goals adopted by the World Education Forum, 2000;
– Work towards the United Nations Millennium Development Goals;
– Contribute to the implementation of UNESCO’s strategies and programmes in education, science, culture and communication;
– Serve as laboratories of ideas on innovative approaches for quality education for all;
– Translate the four pillars of education for the 21st century — learning to know, learning to do, learning to be and learning to live together—into good practices of quality education.